Monday 8 September 2014

Rain, Wind and Drought...August 2014

Hi Everyone!                                                                                                                                                  


We have been having some extreme weather lately.  High winds and rain to drought like conditions.  My flowers took a beating in the hurricane winds at the beginning of the month. The mock orange survived and the ant rode out the storm on the peony bud.




  _____________________________________________________________________________________________________
A RECENT PROJECT FROM A CUSTOMER


NEW LOOK
I wanted to spruce up the outside of the gallery so I decided to paint the shutters crimson to match my business colours.  It really made a difference!




NEW EXHIBITION
Vicki is having an exhibition at Zwicker's Gallery in December; the opening reception will be on December 6th. There will be approximately ten new medium to large oils.  I wish I could give you a sneak preview, but we want it to be a surprise.


Art Fair
I will have a booth at this weeks Antigonish Art Fair in Chisholm Park behind the Post Office. I will have some prints and photos for sale, so drop by and say hi!




FOR LAST...a few pictures from the last month.



I want to thank everyone for writing me and telling me how much you love my newsletter. 

Cheers and talk to you soon!

CLAIRE

-- 
A Matter of Tastes Custom Picture Framing & Art Gallery
*15 years in business & 8 years as a custom picture framer*                                                                                                                                                                                                         Acid Free, Museum & Conservation Quality Materials at very reasonable prices.
Located just 8 minutes on Highway #7 Ashdale, Antigonish, Nova Scotia
Hours: Closed Sundays and Mondays/ Tuesday - Friday : 10:00-4:00 & Saturday: 10-1
Website: www.amatteroftastes.ca/ Phone: 902-863-5407


-- 
A Matter of Tastes Custom Picture Framing & Art Gallery
*15 years in business & 8 years as a custom picture framer*                                                                                                                                                                                                         Acid Free, Museum & Conservation Quality Materials at very reasonable prices.
Located just 8 minutes on Highway #7 Ashdale, Antigonish, Nova Scotia
Hours: Closed Sundays and Mondays/ Tuesday - Friday : 10:00-4:00 & Saturday: 10-1
Website: www.amatteroftastes.ca/ Phone: 902-863-5407

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

A Matter of Tastes Website

A Matter of Tastes Website
Click to view website !

About the Business

The business, started in 2000, is located on a beautiful farmland property just outside Antigonish. It is just a short drive to see me and well worth the scenic drive. First and foremost, I offer professional custom framing, with over 10 years in the framing business. I am also intaglio printer, so you can rely on my 20 years of experience and advise on original hand pulled prints. The framing shop has a small art gallery that deals in original hand pulled prints and paintings as well as unique artistic works by myself and my featured artist, V.L. Maclean http://www.vlmaclean.ca As an amateur photographer, I have many pictures of florals, landscapes and nature scenes on display and for sale. My favourite subjects are florals, nature and animals- (horses, dogs and kitties). I have a very relaxed setting and welcome everyone to visit and have a look around. It is ‘all a matter of tastes.” For more information: www.amatteroftastes.ca